Friday, August 21, 2009

THE SECRET part II

Marketing and one of it’s secrets.

I have created a big interest for marketing during my life. Everything from starting up several companies (my own and others) as well as coaching instructors and club owners to succeed in their career. I was fortunate to have a private student who was a professional marketer to guide me until I finally went for a degree myself. I spent 2 very dedicated years at IHM Business School.

 DSC02123 DIHM Examination

Marketing is a very wide term and many misconceptions are made around it. This article will focus on one of the main things that many people foresee about marketing. I will describe it in conjunction with my former article about success so please read that first.

The “SECRET” with successful marketing is so easy that most people can’t even do it. They try to go for temporary “quick fixes” and change it up just because of that. Here’s what you need:

  • Goals – (become a world champion in stick fighting)
  • Strategy – (to win by superior physical condition)
  • Tactics – (to workout harder then anybody else)
  • Business idea – (make it part of everyday life no matter what)

Ridiculous isn’t it? But when you have decided your goal and made sure that it is really important to accomplish, the hard part is to stick to the strategy and tactics until its accomplished. As long as you are heading towards your goal you don’t change anything, you just keep going. You repeat your campaigns and use your tactics again, again, again and again. You lock the direction towards the goal and just keep going, if you change to often and do to many different things people get confused, clients leave and goals get blur.

The only time you adjust is when you realizes that you are out off course, then you just steer back in again. This “secret” has helped me a lot in my business and career.

If you still wondering what the “SECRET” and commonality with investing and training are hang in there and come back to the blog next week. I will reveal the “SECRET” of successful investing.

No comments: