Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Goals and Expectations

Many times in my life I have seen people talking about different ways of running projects. Where to start and what to do first and so on. I have realized and learnt first you have to define the vision and the specific goal. Without that any kind of project is doomed.

I have been accused heavily for being dishonest, steeling and not fulfilling tasks and so on. (see former posts) The irony in this though is that I really tried to clarify our vision and goals many years ago. Most of the time the feedback was “I don’t know”, “we have to start the basics first” or “you do it”. I realize now that I shouldn’t have let it go because now the other one claims that it is all wrong, we shouldn’t be where we are today and there’s all the money?

I can in one way understand the frustration of not being where you want to be but on the other hand, if you don’t steer the ship from the beginning don’t expect to end in the right harbor.

So the earlier you define your goals the better you will work to fulfill your expectations. That’s the same principle for a person, a coach or a team.

No comments: