Friday, July 24, 2009

THE RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME

I was working at a project the other day and had to go for a daytrip and a meeting. I went for the road early in the morning to be there at lunch. It all went really well and we even covered a short training in the end. I was planning to drive all the way back in the late evening but felt really tired and decided to visit my parents who got a summerhouse nearby. To understand the beauty of this story you need to know how unpredictable the Swedish summer can be. This year we have the all time high rain record for the last 50 years. And the weather changes 20 times a day. When I woke up in the morning ready to leave early back to work it was a stunning weather. I just couldn’t put myself driving for 3 hours to get the rainy weather at home. So I spent all day in the sun, had a boat ride with my son, and some waterskiing on the lake. What a blast.

waterski-080105

In marketing they often say that it’s more important to be at the right place at the right time to be successful, sometimes life is just the same.

Just when we where heading back home again it started to rain, and I just said “thank you” with a big smile on my face.

No comments: